The most successful digital single in 2010 was the song “TiK ToK” by American pop singer Ke$ha. This was reported in the annual report of the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI).
Over the past year “TiK ToK” in total has been downloaded 12.8 million times, Ke$ha’s Tik ToK is more than three million downloads ahead of the leader of the rating in 2009, the song “Poker Face” Lady Gaga .
However, in the new rankings are just two songs by Lady Gaga – “Bad Romance” (2 nd place, 9.7 million downloads) and “Telephone” (4 th place, 7.4 million downloads). In three of the most successful digital singles in 2010 became a duet of Eminem and Rihanna’s “Love The Way You Lie” (9,3 million downloads).
Ten of the most downloaded singles in 2010 is as follows:
- Ke$ha TiK ToK 12.8 million downloads
- Lady Gaga feat. Beyoncé Bad Romance 9.7 million downloads
- Eminem feat. Rihanna Love The Way You Lie 9.3 million downloads
- Lady Gaga Telephone 7.4 million downloads
- Usher feat. Will.i.am OMG 6.9 million downloads
- Katy Perry California Gurls 6.7 million downloads
- Train Hey, Soul Sister 6.6 million downloads
- Justin Bieber Baby 6.4 million downloads
- Black Eyed Peas I Gotta Feeling 6.1 million downloads
- Paramore crushcrushcrush 6.1 million downloads
According to the report, IFPI, comprising 1,400 record companies in 66 countries over the past year, revenue from digital music sales worldwide rose by six percent, reaching 4.6 billion dollars. However, the level of piracy in the Network is still high – 19 out of 20 tracks are downloaded illegally from the Internet, adds Reuters referring to the representatives of IFPI.