Uruguay officially recognized Palestinian Authority
Uruguay joined several Latin American countries to recognize the Palestinian National Authority (PNA) as an independent state. Foreign Minister of Uruguay informed of this decision. However he did not clarify whether the Uruguay recognizes an independent Palestine within the 1967 borders. Six-Day War of 1967 when Israel captured the West Bank and Gaza.
Earlier, the Palestinian State, within the 1967 borders, recognized by Argentina, Chile, Bolivia, Ecuador, Brazil, Paraguay and Suriname. Chile and Peru said the issue must be worked out between Israelis and Palestinians.
Israel criticizes the actions of Latin American countries, and calls the recognition of the Palestinian Authority as an independent state obstacle to Israeli-Palestinian peace talks. U.S. in turn declared that the recognition of independence of Palestine – is a premature step.
- Uruguay recognizes Palestine statehood (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Uruguay joins South American nations in recognizing Palestinian statehood (redantliberationarmy.wordpress.com)
- Uruguay recognizes Palestine statehood (foxnews.com)
- Uruguay recognizes Palestine statehood (sfgate.com)
- Daoud Kuttab: Killing Fogel family in Itamar is not acceptable (huffingtonpost.com)
- Israel captured a ship with weapons from Turkey (newsamen.com)
- Israelis took the streets in response to murder of a Jewish family (newsamen.com)
- Israel exposes Palestinian Authority Incitement. (israelembassysa.wordpress.com)
- “Thousands of Gazans rally for Palestinian reconcilliation” and related posts (sanfranciscosentinel.com)