Bank of America hires India’s richest man Mukesh Ambani
Mukesh Ambani, the richest man in India, will join the board of directors of Bank of America. If the appointment is approved by Bank of America shareholders, Ambani will become 14th member Board of Directors of the bank, as well as the first foreigner on the board of the organization. The closest meeting of shareholders will be held in April.
Ambani, whose fortune according to Forbes magazine estimated at 27.5 billion dollars, Ambani has been heading up Reliance Industries since 2002. In early 2009, Ambani ousted from first place of richest people in India’s steel tycoon Lakshmi Mittal .Mr Ambani’s appointment is part of the bank’s transformation into a globally-oriented credit institution.
Bank of America is the largest U.S. bank by assets.
- Mukesh Ambani to join BoA board (bbc.co.uk)
- Indian Billionaire Ambani Joins Bank Of America Board (facebeyond.wordpress.com)
- BofA Taps Reliance Industries’ Mukesh Ambani for Board (online.wsj.com)
- BofA Adds Mukesh Ambani, India’s Richest Man, to Bank Board (businessweek.com)
- BofA Board Adds Billionaire Ambani, Boosting Access to India (businessweek.com)
- UPDATE 2-BofA appoints first non-American board member (reuters.com)
- Global deleveraging still a challenge, crisis not over yet:execs (reuters.com)
- Mukesh Ambani, Asia’s Richest Man, Signs Huge Deal With BP (huffingtonpost.com)