The most expensive House in New York up for sale
The most expensive House in New York is up for sale for $ 90 million. As writes the newspaper The Daily Mail, house can also be rented for 210,000 dollars a month.
The building is located in Manhattan’s Upper East Side. The area of the mansion is 1,673 square meters (more than 18,000 square feet). It has 10 bedrooms, 11 bathrooms, three kitchens, a dining room for 50 persons, decorated with wood library, office, elevator, multiple fireplaces, bar and gym. Behind the house is a garden.
The French Gothic mansion on East 80 Street was built in the early 1900s by dime store magnate Frank Winfield Woolworth for his daughter, Helena. It is nestled between two other mansions he also had built at 2 and 6 East 80 Street for his other daughters Edna and Jessie. The two other townhouses remain intact also.
They were all constructed by the architect Charles Pierpont Henry Gilbert who designed city and country homes for the wealthy.
Prior to that, the most expensive house in New York was considered a mansion Harkness, also located in Manhattan. In October 2006, for $ 53 million purchased an investment banker Christopher Flowers.
- Big Deal | ‘Woolworth’ Opulence for $90 Million (cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com)
- HOUSE OF THE DAY: This Manhattan Townhouse Just Went On Sale For A Record $90 Million (businessinsider.com)
- Most expensive addresses in the World 2011 (newsamen.com)
- New York, Manhattan Neighborhood – some mistakes the 1st time buyers will make (dianawu88.wordpress.com)
- Big Deal | The Price of Bragging Rights (cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Kermit and Big Bird Slept Here (online.wsj.com)