Divers spent 36 hours in the card game under water
German divers attempted to set the record for the duration of underwater activities – they have spent on the bottom of the pool 36 hours and all this time they were playing a card game called shafkopf. The rally was held in the small Bavarian town Gayzelhering.
The 16 divers – who worked in shifts so they could change oxygen tanks during the 36-hour Game time did not rise to the surface. Underwater games were videotaped and Now the group planing to contact Guinness World Records officials with a video record of their stunt.Divers have expressed the hope that their achievement will be officially registered.
“We gave up counting who owed what after an hour. We didn’t want anyone going belly-up,” organiser Eric Schlegelmilch said
Shafkopf considered Bavarian game. Game Title translates as “sheep’s head.” Schafkopf is played by four players with 32 cards.
- Shallow Diver Breaks World Record (abcnews.go.com)
- imabonehead: BBC News – Shallow diver breaks world record for paddling pool jump (bbc.co.uk)
- KAPOW! Set To Be Guinness World Record Breakers (geeksyndicate.wordpress.com)
- Superhuman Games to Release Villains & Vigilantes Card Game (purplepawn.com)
- Global Domination Is In The Cards! Bwahahahaha! from HeroPress (heropress.net)
- ‘Professor Splash’ shallow diver breaks world record: 36ft jump into paddling pool (dailymail.co.uk)
- VIDEO: Yeah, You’ve Played Hockey, But Have You Played UNDERWATER? (sbnation.com)
- Turn back time to deafen enemy divers (newscientist.com)
- In Austria Hockey Is Played under the Ice (odditycentral.com)
- GoNintendo ‘End of Day’ thought – Steel Diver footage with direct-feed audio (gonintendo.com)
- Undersea Explorers: Kindergarten Scuba Diver Art Project (brighthub.com)
- Report issued on scuba divers’ involvement in world underwater cleanup (uwtreasures.wordpress.com)
- Bruneians go underwater to unfurl national flag (uwtreasures.wordpress.com)