Vitaly Klitschko vs Odlanier Solis (VIDEO)
WBC heavyweight champion Ukrainian boxer Vitali Klitschko won the fight against the Cuban Odlanier Solis TKO in the first round On Sunday, March 19 in Cologne, Germany on Saturday night. Before the opening bell the elder of the Klitschko brothers had called Solis his “most difficult opponent,” but the bout against the Cuban turned out to be one of the easiest of his career.
The bout was interrupted in the last seconds of the first round, when Solis after hitting Klitschko stumbled and injured his right knee. and the injury did not allow him to continue the fight.
Klitschko looked even more upset by the outcome than Solis himself, as the audience in Cologne was deprived of the boxing spectacle for which they had come, the bout lasting just 65 seconds
The 39-year-old Klitschko’s record in the ring is now 42 of his 44 fights, including 39 knockouts
- Vitali Klitschko promised to knock out Cuban Odlanier Solis (newsamen.com)
- Vitaly Klitschko defends WBC title against Solis (rt.com)
- V. Klitschko keeps WBC title with first-round TKO (sportsillustrated.cnn.com)
- Odlanier Solís may be fighting Vitali Klitschko at just the right time (guardian.co.uk)
- Vitali Klitschko set date for battle with Odlanier Solis (newsamen.com)
- Klitschko retains WBC title with Solis knockout (reuters.com)