Lady Gaga sets new record sales 20 million digital singles
Lady Gaga is the first musician in the history of the world music, to achieve over 20 million digital singles sales.The sales count includes such hits as ‘Poker Face’, ‘Bad Romance‘, ‘Love Game’ and ‘Paparazzi’. Her debut single ‘Just Dance’ has now gone 6x multi-platinum.
The composition was able to rise to the first rows of the charts in the U.S., UK, Canada, Australia and certain other countries.
The singer, who released new single ‘Born This Way’ earlier this month, has been recognised by the RIAA as the highest-certified artist of digital singles in Gold & Platinum history.
The sales count includes such hits as ‘Poker Face’, ‘Bad Romance’, ‘Love Game’ and ‘Paparazzi’. Her debut single ‘Just Dance’ has now gone 6x multi-platinum.
As previously reported on Gigwise, Lady Gaga’s ‘The Fame’ has now become the most successful downloaded album of all time.
Meanwhile, Lady Gaga’s ‘Born This Way’ has been banned on Malaysian radio stations for its pro-gay lyrics.
- Lady Gaga Reigns As Digital Download Queen (923now.radio.com)
- Radiohead named top album of past 25 years (VIDEO) (newsamen.com)
- Lady Gaga’s Born This Way set record sales in iTunes (newsamen.com)
- “Lady Gaga Becomes First Artist to Sell 20 Million (Digital) Singles” and related posts (hypetrak.com)
- Lady Gaga broke another record: (hointervention.com)